Concessionary One Card

Who can apply?

If you receive any of the benefits listed below you can apply for a One Card at a concessionary rate. You are required to provide evidence of receipt of benefit(s). You may have to ask the agency to supply appropriate evidence to support your application (such as an Award Notice or Letter of Entitlement). No other information will be accepted.

Qualifying benefits:

  • Council Tax Benefit.
  • Housing Benefit.
  • Income Support.
  • Jobseekers Allowance (income-based only).
  • ESA (Employment Support Allowance (income-based only).


Under 16 only

  • Disability Living Allowance received by children under 16, at the High Rate Care or Higher Rate Mobility Component.

Concessionary One Card

Concessionary 'Pay-As-You-Go' One Card

Adult Junior Adult Junior
 Swimming tick tick £3.00  £1.10
 Aquacise tick tick £3.50 From £1.60
 Fitness Classes tick tick From £2.50 From £1.40
 Tone Zone gym tick tick £4 £1.70
 Casual Squash tick tick £2.50 £1
 League Squash tick tick £8.80 £5
 Badminton tick tick £2.50 £1.55
 Health Suite tick tick £3 £3

Concessionary One Card

Concessionary 'Pay-As-You-Go' One Card

Adult Junior Adult Junior
 Direct Debit £23.50 £10 n/a  n/a
 Annual Payment (12 months for the price of 10) £235 £100 £1.50 Free
 Tone Zone Induction Free  Free Free Free

Complete an application form, ticking the box for Concessionary One Card. You will also need to request a concessionary rate and choose a method of payment (Direct Debit or annually). Take your completed application and Direct Debit form (if appropriate), together with evidence of receipt of benefit, to a council leisure centre reception. If you apply through the data sharing form then your application will be processed straight away, if you are applying with evidence submitted then the application will take up to ten days to process as the application will be sent to our head office to be processed. Once your application has been validated we will contact you to make arrangements for you to purchase your concessionary One Card.


  • A data sharing agreement is in place with the IW Council Revenues and Benefits departments. Applicants need to complete the benefit authorisation form which will allow 1Leisure to request a YES or NO to your eligibility for a Concessionary One Card.
  • ‘Screen dumps’, benefit books, Jobseeker Allowance agreements or letters that do not describe an ongoing benefit will not be accepted as proof of receipt of benefit.
  • If your benefit award includes other dependant members of your household, for example children, they too may apply individually for a Concessionary One Card. Simply provide evidence to support their application; this must state the dependant’s name and date of birth and show the same address as the main benefit recipient.
  • It may take up to ten working days for an agency to issue evidence of receipt of benefit and they may ask that you request the information in writing.
  • The Isle of Wight Council reserves the right to refuse the issue of any Concessionary One Card if you cannot provide the required proof of eligibility.
  • When choosing to pay by Direct Debit or annually, an interim payment will be required to cover the period between taking out the card and the first Direct Debit payment. This can be paid by cash, cheque or card.
  • You are required to have an induction before using the Tone Zone (new members only).
  • There is a one-off fee of £15 (£7.50 juniors) for the Tone Zone induction if you choose the pay-as-you-go option.
  • You must notify 1Leisure immediately if your circumstances change and you cease to receive the benefit that qualifies you for a Concessionary One Card. You may continue to have your One Card subject to the payment of the appropriate fee.
  • Information you disclose will be treated in confidence. Access to your personal information is restricted.
  • All terms and conditions of the One Card apply.
  • All unlimited use is subject to availability.
  • Not all activities and facilities are available for pay-as-you-go Concessionary One Card holders.

When approaching an agency for evidence, you need to ask them to supply you with a Letter of Entitlement or Award Notice. The evidence must be addressed to you, state the type of benefit you receive and be dated within three months of your application to this scheme.

ADULTS Council Tax Benefit If you are in receipt of these benefits, you do not need to provide evidence of this. You can access the concessionary scheme by completing the Benefit Authorisation form available from reception (see "Important Information").

IW Council Revenues Department,


Sandown PO36 9EA

Tel: 01983 823950


Housing Benefit
Income Support  

Job Centre Plus,


Tel: 0845 608 8545

Jobseekers Allowance  Income-based only

Job Centre Plus,


Tel: 0845 608 8545


ESA (Employment Support Allowance)  Income-based only

Disability Living Allowance received by children under 16, at the High Rate

Care or Higher Rate Mobility Component

Under 16s only

Disability Living Allowance helpline

Tel: 0845 712 3456