IOW Council (1Leisure) Data Protection Rules policy
The Isle of Wight Council (1Leisure) is the data controller for the personal information you provide on your application form. The council’s Data Protection Officer is the Head of Legal Services and Monitoring Officer and can be contacted at email@example.com. You can contact the council by phone on 01983 821000, or by writing to us at County Hall, High Street, Newport, IW PO30 1UD.
The purpose of processing and the lawful basis for the processing of your personal data.
Your data will be used for us to transact with you about your membership, contractual arrangement or activity with us, this will include the following:
- Bookings and cancellations
- Information about the activities that you partake in - this could include changes in any classes, times or closures of facilities
- Vital information about any show or events that you are due to attend this could include time and date amendments
We will, at times, look to promote our activities and facilities. For any promotion we will require you to opt in to receive any of this correspondence. You will be able to do this over the counter, through our on line booking site, or when you sign up for your One Card or purchase your theatre ticket. You will need to create a log in to access our online bookings site. Your profile can be accessed through the following links
Consent for using your personal data
By signing up for a One card membership, purchasing an activity or theatre ticket you are entering in to a contract with us and your information is required so that we can administer your membership, booking or theatre visit and provide you with any information with regard to your activities with us.
We require you to provide us with this information, but you may request to have your information removed at any time. If you subsequently request for your information to be removed (withdraw your consent) we may not be able to offer you the service that you have signed up for. This will include the cancellation of any One card membership, booking or activity that you have with the Isle of Wight Council (1leisure) facilities.
1Leisure also offer a contract membership, a copy of the Data Policy for this can be found here. https://www.harlandsgroup.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Harlands-Privacy-Policy-2018.pdf
Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data
Your personal data will NOT be shared with any other party. We may at times share the data with third parties if we are required by law to do so. This may include the Police or Government Agencies.
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
We will ensure that personal data will only be held within the European Economic Area or in a country with appropriate data protection legislation in place.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
We will hold your personal information on our systems for 18 months after you last transact with us (other than your bank details), this will make it easier for you our returning customer to sign up or purchase theatre tickets or activities from us again quickly.
Your data will be anonymised 18 months after you last transact with us (all personally identifiable information will be deleted).
During the 18 month period, if you have opted in to receive marketing information from our leisure centres or theatre, we may at time to time send you any of our offers or activities that we think will be of interest to you. You can opt out from this at any time by clicking unsubscribe from any email that you receive or contacting us using the details below.
You have the right to be forgotten at any time after you cease your relationship with us, requests for this can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to One Card, Isle of Wight Council, Floor 2 County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD
The existence of the data subject’s rights
You have the following rights under the GDPR. Please note not all of these rights apply to all processing.
- The right to be informed – we will inform you what we are doing with your data when you first pass your information across to us, you can request this information at any point during your relationship with us.
- The right of access – we are required to provide you a copy of your processed personal data upon request.
- The right to rectification – you have a rightto have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. An individual can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing.
- The right to erasure - You the customer have the right to be forgotten (personal data and history) at any time after you cancel your membership, you can do this by emailing a request to email@example.com or writing to One Card, Isle of Wight Council, Floor 2 County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD. (We will hold your personal information on our systems for 18 months after you last transact with us, this will make it easier for our returning customers to sign up or purchase theatre tickets again quickly.)
- The right to restrict processing - An individual can make a request for restriction verbally or in writing
- The right to data portability - The right to data portability gives you the right to receive personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives you the right to request that we transmit this data directly to another data controller.
- The right to object - You the Individual have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Automated decision making, including profiling - The GDPR applies to all automated individual decision-making and profiling, Where automated decision making is carried out, individuals have the right to request that human intervention is used instead
The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If you are not happy with the way the council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: https://ico.org.uk/; Telephone: 03031231113
For further details on how your information is used and how we maintain the security of your information and your rights, including how to access information we hold on you, and how to complain if you have any concerns about how your personal details are processed, please visit www.iwight.com or email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on how your information is used; how we maintain the security of your information; and your rights, including how to access information we hold on you, and how to complain if you have any concerns about how your personal details are processed, please visit www.iwight.com or email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org