1Leisure Medina is an excellent multipurpose sports and leisure centre.
- Two swimming pools (lane and casual swimming, water workout classes, swimming lessons)
- Tone Zone Gym (100+ station gym on the first floor with state-of-the-art Pulse fitness equipment, including Pulse lateral trainer, cross trainers, treadmills, Multi-pulley and Smith machine
- Three activity studios with a full programme of fitness classes
- Sports hall (activities include badminton, basketball, table tennis and football)
Other activities at 1Leisure Medina include:
- Over 50s activities
- Children’s parties
- Swimming Lessons
There are baby changing facilities, baby/toddler seats and playpens in both the male and female pool changing rooms. Swim nappies and armbands are on sale at reception.
1Leisure Medina is open seven days a week.
Monday to Friday: 6:30am to 9pm
Saturday: 8am to 5pm
Sunday: 8am to 8pm
The centre is closed for certain days between Christmas and New Year, we also run reduced hours on Bank Holidays please phone for details.
Parking charges are in place however some categories of One Card memberships and swimming lessons are issued with free parking permits.
Bus routes 5 and 9 stop right outside on Fairlee Road.
Swimming is a great activity for all-round fitness. It is good for your health and the only sport that can save your life!
Swimming is excellent if you prefer low-impact exercise for example, during pregnancy, if you have mobility problems or want to protect your joints. Your whole body works while you are swimming so it is good for all-over toning.
Tone Zone Gym
Medina Leisure Centre has a first floor 100+ station Tone Zone gym.
Our opening times are:
Monday to Friday 7am to 9pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 8pm
The light and airy gym has the latest hi-tech Pulse equipment including Pulse lateral trainer, cross-trainers, treadmills, a multi-pulley and a Smith machine (for free weights training).
Equipment has 15" LCD screens and a full range of Freeview channels and i-Pod capability.
The easy to use Smart Centre is a big step in the future of fitness training.
- Increased levels of contact with instructors.
- Instructors able to monitor fitness, heath and medical issues quickly and efficiently and respond to customers’ needs.
- Delivery of bespoke programmes tailored to individual needs.
- Easy to monitor workouts and progress.
For more information about our Tone Zone gyms please click here.
There’s an exciting programme of classes at Medina Leisure Centre.
Please note: Fitness classes are included in the Gold One Card or as little as £1.00 a day.
Please be aware of the following information if you are taking part in our fitness classes:
- Booking is advisable for all our classes
- Please give 24 hours’ notice when cancelling a booked class
- If you have booked on a busy class, your place may be given to another person if you are not here before your class is due to start
- Classes are for over 16s only unless stated
- You should arrive promptly as the warm-up section is vital to the safety of the class. The instructor may refuse admission to participants who arrive after this section is completed
- Please inform the instructor of any injuries or medical conditions which may affect your participation
- All aerobics classes are suitable for all levels of fitness, but they may vary in complexity. Participants are invited to work at their own level with low-impact alternatives which are incorporated into most of our classes
- For your own safety, correct footwear must be worn in all classes
- Please put all bags, coats, etc in a locker to reduce the chance of any health and safety issues
- Finally….. ABSOLUTELY NO CHEWING GUM!
Access to the Isle of Wight Council leisure facilities is through the easy-to-use One Card membership scheme, which puts a new flexibility at the heart of fitness and makes it easy for you to use Isle of Wight Council leisure facilities in Sandown, Newport and Ryde.
Membership Card Options
The full membership option is the Gold One Card, giving you unlimited access to the Tone Zone gyms and all our other main activities and facilities, such as swimming, fitness classes and racket sports.
Choose the Silver One Card membership option for swimming and water activities, the health suite at The Heights (in Sandown) and racket sports.
For more information about the One Card please click here
Isle of Wight
Phone: 01983 823882
Medina Access Policy
The main entrance to 1Leisure Medina is via a slight incline path leading through automatic doors to reception.
Activities are located over two levels with lifts and wide corridors leading to all activity areas.
1Leisure Medina has two lifts located in the following areas:
- Reception area – this lift will take you to the bar, theatre, cyclone studio and toilet facilities.
- Dryside changing area – this lift will take you to the Tone Zone gym and studio 2
Each lift location has an emergency evacuation chair located nearby.
Accessible Changing Facilities
1Leisure Medina has four accessible changing rooms; two are located close to the swimming pools. Each of these rooms has a private shower and adjustable seating. The larger wet side accessible room has an overhead V5 duo hoist system which can traverse to/from the changing bed. The Initial lifting capacity of the hoist is 200kg (440lb) Hoist slings will need to be provided by the user.
The smaller wet side accessible room has a wheelchair available for customer use; the wheelchair is of waterproof construction.
Two other accessible change facilities are located close to the Tone Zone gym and studios.
There is an induction loop at both the main reception and gym reception.
Accessibility Toilets & Baby Change Facilities
Accessibility toilets are located within the accessible change facilities, reception foyer and the bar/theatre level of the building.
Baby change facilities are located in the following areas:
- Accessible change dryside
- Female wetside changing rooms
- Male wetside changing room
- 1st floor accessible change
We have a number of accessible machines within the gym including:
- shoulder press
- chest press
- pec deck
- smith machines
- squat machines
- multi pulleys
- arm bike
- seated row
- invictus active frame– wheelchair roller
Swimming Pool Accessibility
Both the large and small pool are deck level pools with easy entry steps into the pools, an Aqua Creek F-004PPPB pool hoist is available for use. The Portable Pro Pool Lift has all of the features and benefits of a standard Pool Lift plus the ability to be completely portable.
Pool Lift Features:
- 400lb weight capacity
- 24V battery with charger
- Adjustable lap belt
- Dual flip up arm rests
- Submergible remote control
- Wheeled transport cart with counter weights
- Stainless steel construction
- Durable epoxy powder coated finish
- Flip up footrest
A wetside wheelchair is also available for use and is located on poolside.
1Leisure Medina will happily make adjustments (where practical) to lighting and music to help our customers enjoy their visit. We have a time timer located on poolside for our customers to use. The timers are portable and can be removed for use around the centre if you require use in another area.
Assistance dogs are welcome at 1Leisure Medina; the following arrangements are made in order to allow customers with assistance dogs to have the best possible experience:
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are provided on request.
• On request, the centre will provide familiarisation with the facility as part of an induction.
• Guidelines are provided for staff on how to interact with assistance dogs.
The assistance dog is the responsibility of its owner, who must ensure that:-
- It is kept on a lead at all times when walking around the premises.
• It does not foul the facility or grounds
• its requirements in relation to toileting and feeding are met
• It behaves in an appropriate manner at all times and does not disrupt others
In the unlikely event that the dog does foul inside the leisure centre, the owner must report this to a member of staff to ensure that the area is cleaned and sanitised.