1Leisure Medina is an excellent multipurpose sports and leisure centre.
- Two swimming pools (lane and casual swimming, water workout classes, swimming lessons)
- Tone Zone Gym (100+ station gym on the first floor with state-of-the-art Pulse fitness equipment, including Pulse lateral trainer, cross trainers, treadmills, Multi-pulley and Smith machine
- Three activity studios with a full programme of fitness classes
- Sports hall (activities include badminton, basketball, table tennis and football)
Other activities at 1Leisure Medina include:
- Activ8 School Holiday Activities
- Over 50s activities
- Children’s parties
- Swimming Lessons
There are baby changing facilities, baby/toddler seats and playpens in both the male and female pool changing rooms. Swim nappies and armbands are on sale at reception.
1Leisure Medina is open seven days a week.
Monday to Friday: 7am to 9pm
Saturday: 9am to 5pm
Sunday: 9am to 8pm
The centre is closed for certain days between Christmas and New Year, we also run reduced hours on Bank Holidays please phone for details.
Parking charges are in place however some categories of One Card memberships and swimming lessons are issued with free parking permits.
Bus routes 5 and 9 stop right outside on Fairlee Road.
Swimming is a great activity for all-round fitness. It is good for your health and the only sport that can save your life!
Swimming is excellent if you prefer low-impact exercise for example, during pregnancy, if you have mobility problems or want to protect your joints. Your whole body works while you are swimming so it is good for all-over toning.
Tone Zone Gym
Medina Leisure Centre has a first floor 100+ station Tone Zone gym.
Our opening times are:
Monday to Friday 7am to 9pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 8pm
The light and airy gym has the latest hi-tech Pulse equipment including Pulse lateral trainer, cross-trainers, treadmills, a multi-pulley and a Smith machine (for free weights training).
Equipment has 15" LCD screens and a full range of Freeview channels and i-Pod capability.
The easy to use Smart Centre is a big step in the future of fitness training.
- Increased levels of contact with instructors.
- Instructors able to monitor fitness, heath and medical issues quickly and efficiently and respond to customers’ needs.
- Delivery of bespoke programmes tailored to individual needs.
- Easy to monitor workouts and progress.
For more information about our Tone Zone gyms please click here.
There’s an exciting programme of classes at Medina Leisure Centre.
Please note: Fitness classes are included in the Gold One Card or as little as £1.00 a day.
Please be aware of the following information if you are taking part in our fitness classes:
- Booking is advisable for all our classes
- Please give 24 hours’ notice when cancelling a booked class
- If you have booked on a busy class, your place may be given to another person if you are not here before your class is due to start
- Classes are for over 16s only unless stated
- You should arrive promptly as the warm-up section is vital to the safety of the class. The instructor may refuse admission to participants who arrive after this section is completed
- Please inform the instructor of any injuries or medical conditions which may affect your participation
- All aerobics classes are suitable for all levels of fitness, but they may vary in complexity. Participants are invited to work at their own level with low-impact alternatives which are incorporated into most of our classes
- For your own safety, correct footwear must be worn in all classes
- Please put all bags, coats, etc in a locker to reduce the chance of any health and safety issues
- Finally….. ABSOLUTELY NO CHEWING GUM!
Access to the Isle of Wight Council leisure facilities is through the easy-to-use One Card membership scheme, which puts a new flexibility at the heart of fitness and makes it easy for you to use Isle of Wight Council leisure facilities in Sandown, Newport and Ryde.
Membership Card Options
The full membership option is the Gold One Card, giving you unlimited access to the Tone Zone gyms and all our other main activities and facilities, such as swimming, fitness classes and racket sports.
Choose the Silver One Card membership option for swimming and water activities, the health suite at The Heights (in Sandown) and racket sports.
For more information about the One Card please click here
Medina Leisure Centre
Isle of Wight
Phone: 01983 823882